2024 – 2025 FULBRIGHT SCHOLAR PROGRAM
Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
One Semester to Two Semesters
Fulbright Visiting Scholar awards are offered to experienced Kazakhstani professionals, university faculty members, and researchers at think tanks and relevant governmental and non-governmental organizations to pursue advanced research. Applicants should have at least ten years of professional experience.
Applicants requesting support for a full academic year (two semesters) must provide a timeline of research activities. Final grant dates will align with the host institution’s academic calendar, if applicable.
Please note: applicants in law fields are limited to a maximum of one semester.
Researchers who are Ph.D. degree holders or professionals with an equivalent qualification will conduct full-time advanced research, at the postdoctoral level, in the United States.
- Applicants must be citizens of Kazakhstan residing in Kazakhstan at the timeof application.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or equivalent professional qualification at the time of application.
Proposals are sought on a range of topics in all disciplines with a priority in countering violent extremism, trafficking in persons, climate change, STEM education or education fields.
- Applicants must submit a detailed statement of proposed activity at a U.S. university
- Applicants must possess English language proficiency sufficient to achieve the project goals.
- Applicant should demonstrate the intrinsic value of the project to the scholar, his/her home institution, country and U.S. institution.
- Round-trip travel from Kazakhstan to a host institution in the United States
- Monthly stipend for living expenses in the United States
- Medical Insurance
- Access to professional and cultural enrichment opportunities
How to Apply
Potential applicants access the online application at https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2024/
Please carefully read the Instructions for Completing the 2024-2025 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program Application before you start the online application.
Required Documents (All documents should be submitted online)
- Project statement (no more than 5 pages)
- Letter of support from home institution
- 3 reference letters
- Invitation letter from potential host institution in the United States
- Passport opy
Grants are not for the principal purpose of
- Attending conferences
- Completing doctoral dissertations
- Travel and consultation at multiple institutions, or
- Clinical medical research involving patient contact (not permissible)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No specific reasons for non-selection will be presented to an applicant.
You can access country-specific instructions here.
The application deadline is December 10, 2023 at 12 midnight Astana time.
Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the Embassy selection committee. The final selection results will be made in the spring of 2024.
For questions, please contact the U.S. Embassy Astana at (7172) 70-22-95.