Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund 2022: Call for Proposals
Funding Opportunity Title: Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund 2022
Deadline for Applications: January 23, 2021 (11.59 p.m. Nur-Sultan time)
Minimum for Each Award: $10,000
Maximum for Each Award: $40,000
For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, contact email@example.com
The Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) was designed to help alumni develop and implement projects which will help them utilize or share the knowledge and experience acquired during their exchange programs. AEIF is a means to promote shared interests between the United States and Kazakhstan, share best practices, or design and implement effective and sustainable solutions to current challenges facing local communities in Kazakhstan. Proposals must address at least one of the following:
- Bring alumni together from different exchange programs to build or expand an alumni network capable of working together on common interests and increase regional and global collaboration of alumni.
- Strengthen the relationship between alumni and the U.S. government to work together on activities that address mutual goals and challenges.
- Support alumni as they develop their leadership capacity and implement projects in their communities.
Competitive proposals will address one of the following:
- Support environmental entrepreneurship, address climate change, or the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
- Support and advocate for a more just and equal society; and
- Promote human rights by supporting accountability, civil liberties, the rule of law, or an independent media.
We encourage creative ideas for blended and remote/online content delivery, online/virtual promotional activities, and virtual participant/audience follow-up. Please carefully consider all instructions below.
Possible Project Audiences:
- Kazakh-speaking public
- Rural or underserved communities
- Vulnerable populations, including from marginalized and at-risk minority populations (persons with disabilities, and immigrants)
- Youth, especially in regions of Kazakhstan outside Almaty and Nur-Sultan
- Young professionals (including educators, prosecutors, legislators, doctors, decision-makers, etc.)
- Other audiences if well-defined and defended by the proposal as key to achieving the goals
- Submit your applications by January 23, 2022 (11:59 p.m. Nur-Sultan time) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Selection
- Quality and Feasibility of the Program Idea
- Project Planning/Ability to Achieve Objectives
- Evaluation and Sustainability of the Project
- Communication, Media and Outreach Plan
- Budget Justification
Inclusion of cost share is not a requirement of this opportunity.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be Kazakhstani alumni of a U.S. Department of State-funded exchange program (https://alumni.state.gov/list-exchange-programs), or a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program (https://j1visa.state.gov/).
- USG alumni teams of two (minimum) or more (preferred).
- Alumni who are U.S. citizens may not submit proposals, but U.S. citizen alumni may participate as team members in a project.
Federal Award Information
Announcement posted: December 10, 2021
Closing date for applications: January 23, 2022
Funding type: Grant
Expected size of individual awards: Between $10,000 to $40,000
Program Performance Period: September 2022 – September 2023