Event: Possible demonstration at U.S. Consulate General Almaty on October 23, 2020
Demonstrations have been called for on Friday, October 23, 2020 at the U.S. Consulate General Almaty (Samal Towers, 97 Zholdasbekov Street) against the upcoming release of the film Borat 2. The consulate has advised its personnel to avoid the demonstration area and to refrain from engaging with protestors should the demonstration occur.
Actions to Take:
Avoid affected areas.
Monitor local media for updates.
Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy – Nur-Sultan
Rakhymzhan Koskharbayev Ave., No. 3
Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan 010010
Telephone: +7 (7172) 70-21-00
- U.S. Consulate General – Almaty
Samal-2, 97 Zholdasbekov St.
Almaty, Kazakhstan 050051
Telephone: +7 (727) 250-76-12/17
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kazakhstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter