Political protests are expected to take place in several cities throughout Kazakhstan on the evening of Saturday July 6, 2019, beginning at approximately 19:00. Announced gathering points include the following locations:
- Republic Square in Nur-Sultan
- Akimat building in Aktobe
- Central Stadium in Almaty
- Kurmangazy Square in Atyrau
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid the areas of the demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of planned demonstration.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
If you require assistance, you can reach the U.S. Embassy in Nur-Sultan and the U.S. Consulate General in Almaty using the contact information below.
- U.S. Embassy – Nur-Sultan
Rakhymzhan Koskharbayev Ave., No. 3
Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan 010010
Telephone: +7 (7172) 70-21-00
- U.S. Consulate General – Almaty
Samal-2, 97 Zholdasbekov St.
Almaty, Kazakhstan 050051
Telephone: +7 (727) 250-76-12/17
For further information about security in Kazakhstan: