Location: Multiple cities
Event: Nationwide demonstrations on Friday, September 25, 2020
Demonstrations have been called for on Friday, September 25, 2020 beginning at 7 P.M. in the following locations:
- In Nur-Sultan from Trading House “Zhannur” on Abay Avenue; Aulie Khan street up to Kenesary street till Republic Avenue and along the Avenue to Trade House Esil; under the bridge up to Kabanbay Batyr and the Flagpole
- In Almaty from Rayimbek Batyr Monument (former “Sayaxat” auto station location), from Raiymbek Avenue, along Nazarbayev street, up to Zhibek Zholy street (the pedestrian area, known as “Arbat”), along Panfilov street up to Astana Square (known as Old square)
- In Shymkent from the Central Park along Kazybek bi street till Tauke Khan Avenue, Mega Planet Center, Tauke-Khan street, B.Momyshuly Ave., the Tulpan Monument
- In Aktobe on the Central Stadion on Abylay Khan street
- In Aktau near the Trading House “Dostyk” in the 26th micro district
- In Uralsk at Nazarbayev Square in the 6th micro district
- In Aksai at the Pobeda Park along Nauryz street
- In Atyrau at Isatay-Makhambet square on Satpaey Avenue
- In Zhanaozen at Culture Center Munayshi on Satpayev street
- In Taldykorgan at the Arbat on Birzhan Shal street
- In Saryagash at Monument Tole bi on Ismaylov street
- In Taraz at the Regional Monument at the intersection of Abay and Kazybek bi streets
- In Kyzylorda Central Square on Zheltoqsan street
- In Semey in Central park at Kayim Mukhamed Khan and Lenin streets
- In Ust-Kamenagorsk at the Arbat on Beybitshilik street
- In Kostanay at Central Square on Al-Farabi Avenue 66.
- In Pavlodar at Constitution Square on Sultan Makhmut Toraigyrov street
- In Stepnogorsk at Trading House ”Sibir” in the 6th micro district
- In Ekibastuz near the cinema “Kazakhstan” in the micro district 5A.
- In Kokshetau at the Central Park on Auezov street
- In Karaganda at the Central Park on Bukhar Zhuray Avenue
Actions to Take:
- Avoid affected areas.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
U.S. Embassy – Nur-Sultan
Rakhymzhan Koskharbayev Ave., No. 3
Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan 010010
Telephone: +7 (7172) 70-21-00
U.S. Consulate General – Almaty
Samal-2, 97 Zholdasbekov St.
Almaty, Kazakhstan 050051
Telephone: +7 (727) 250-76-12/17
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Kazakhstan Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter