Demonstration Alert – U.S. Mission Kazakhstan
June 12, 2019
As demonstrations and other security incidents often take place with little or no warning, U.S. citizens in Kazakhstan are strongly encouraged to maintain a high level of vigilance and practice good situational awareness when traveling abroad.
We encourage U.S. citizens in Kazakhstan to take the following actions:
- Monitor local news reports in order to stay aware of the locations of potential demonstrations.
- Avoid the areas of planned demonstration.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- If you require assistance, you can reach the U.S. Embassy in Nur-Sultan and the U.S. Consulate General in Almaty using the contact information below.
U.S. Embassy – Nur-Sultan
Rakhymzhan Koskharbayev Ave., No. 3
Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan 010010
Telephone: +7 (7172) 70-21-00
U.S. Consulate General – Almaty
Samal-2, 97 Zholdasbekov St.
Almaty, Kazakhstan 050051
Telephone: +7 (727) 250-76-12/17
For further information about security in Kazakhstan:
- See the Department of State travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, and Kazakhstan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.