Deadline has been extended: July 7th
The U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan, in partnership with implementing NGO National Alumni Network, announces the Alumni Grants Program (AGP).
- Did you study or participate in a U.S. government-sponsored educational or professional exchange program?
- Do you have a project you would like to implement that would benefit your community, strengthen the relationship between America and Kazakhstan, or increase knowledge of one community about the other?
The Alumni Grants Program supports innovative and sustainable projects developed and implemented by Kazakhstani citizens who are alumni of a U.S. government educational or professional exchange programs.
Exchange alumni interested in participating in AGP 2020-2021 should submit proposals by June 30th, 2020, 17:00 Almaty time to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni Grants Program provides alumni of U.S. sponsored and facilitated exchange programs with funding to expand on skills gained during their exchange experience to design and implement innovative solutions to global challenges facing their community.
Priority consideration will be given to the programs that promote use of digital platforms and technology tools in support of the following themes:
- Women’s Empowerment: access to education, development of entrepreneurship support system, support of women’s political and civic participation, protection of women and girls from violence, abuse, and exploitation;
- Civic Activism: human rights, development of volunteerism, empowerment of underserved communities, citizen-driven solutions to environment, public health and air quality, and trafficking in persons;
- Media Development: media and digital literacy, promotion of professional journalism standards, adoption of innovative tools and approaches for delivery of higher quality and objective media content;
- Youth Empowerment: access to education and marketable skills for underprivileged youth, strengthening communities through youth participation and leadership, building supportive environments and networks for harnessing youth’s potential.
APPLICATION SELECTION PROCESS
The selection will be held in two stages: screening and pitching.
1. Register here – http://bit.ly/3dWk4O9
2. Send the completed application form and budget form to the email: email@example.com
3. Receive a recommendation on your proposal/budget by submitting the draft before June 15, 2020
Only shortlisted proposals will be invited for project pitching. This will be a 5-minute online meeting with the Public Affairs Section and National Alumni Network team. It will take place in mid-July, 2020.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Quality and feasibility of the program idea
- Project planning/ability to achieve objectives
- Monitoring, evaluation and sustainability of the project
- Communication, media and outreach plan
- Budget justification
FEDERAL AWARD INFORMATION
Announcement posted: June 1, 2020
Closing date for applications: June 30, 2020
Funding type: Grant
Decision date: July 7, 2020
Expected size of individual awards: Between $3,000 to $10,000
Program Performance Period: June 30, 2021
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be Kazakhstani alumni of a U.S. Department of State-funded exchange program (https://alumni.state.gov/list-exchange-programs), or a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program (https://j1visa.state.gov/).
- Alumni who are U.S. citizens may not submit proposals, but U.S. citizen alumni may participate as team members in a project.
- Applications must be submitted by exchange alumni. Not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions are not eligible to apply in the name of the organization but can serve as partners for implementing project activities.
Inclusion of cost share is not a requirement of this opportunity
If you have any questions about the process, we encourage you to contact the National Alumni Network at firstname.lastname@example.org Please contact them first to inquire about AGP as they will have specific information about the competition. Only if you are unable to contact the National Alumni Network, you may contact Alumni Coordinators at email@example.com