CALL FOR PROPOSALS: ALUMNI GRANTS FOR USG ALUMNI IN KAZAKHSTAN
The U.S Embassy in Kazakhstan announces the Alumni Small Grants Program. Did you study or participate in a U.S. government-sponsored educational or professional exchange program? Do you have a project you would like to undertake that would benefit your community, strengthen the relationship between American and Kazakh citizens, or increase knowledge of one community about the other? The Alumni Grants Program supports innovative, small-scale projects developed and implemented by Kazakhstan citizens who are alumni of a U.S. government or U.S. Embassy education or exchange program.
Applications are now closed.
Proposal should include:
Where to submit: firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you would like us to review your draft proposal, please submit it by March 12, 2018. We will provide feedback /comments by March 20, 2018.
Register to become a member of International Exchange Alumni Website: https://alumni.state.gov/
Grant proposals must:
- Demonstrate how participating alumni will use their exchange experience to address a challenge/issue in Kazakhstan;
- Include a project timeline that takes place within one year;
- Include a budget that is no more than $3,000 for individuals, $6,000 for alumni joint projects
- Specify how the project will be evaluated by project participants
Priority consideration will be given to proposals who:
- Work with an American Corner/Shelf to implement the grant;
- Support English language teaching and usage in Kazakhstan;
- Promote volunteerism/mentorship/alumni networking with the support and participation of exchange program alumni;
- Cooperate with alumni from different regions to implement the grant;
- Share with a wider community the knowledge or skills gained in the exchange program or training.
Evaluation of project proposals, budgets, and budget justifications based on:
- Importance of the project to U.S. Mission goals
- Feasibility of implementation
- Degree of alumni involvement/alumni networking
- Timeliness/relevance of activities
- Impact of the project on the defined project beneficiaries
- Reasonable budget request and budget justification
Please contact the Alumni Coordinator with any questions.