STUDY OF THE U.S. INSTITUTES FOR WOMEN LEADERSHIP
Description: Study of the U.S. Institutes for Women Leadership is an intensive short-term academic program for undergraduate female student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The Institute will focus on two major areas: developing participants’ leadership skills in areas such as critical thinking, communication, decision-making, and managerial abilities; and, placing these abilities in the context of the history and participation of women in U.S. politics, economics, culture, and society. The program will also examine the historical domestic progress towards women’s equality in the United States, the current domestic successes and challenges to women in a variety of fields, and current challenges in global women’s issues.
Kazakhstan has five slots for SUSI Women’s Leadership program, PAS would like to receive nominations of the strongest candidates. Participants’ expenses will be fully covered by ECA.
Program dates: June 20 – July 30, 2019
Ideal candidates will:
• be a female between 18 and 25 years of age;
• be a first through third year undergraduate students from Kazakhstan universities;
• be interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership and learning about the United States;
• demonstrate strong leadership qualities, academic achievement and potential in their university and community activities;
• have no prior study or travel experience in the U.S. or elsewhere outside of their home country;
• be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
• be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country;
• be proficient in English.
Deadline: January 4, 2019
In order to apply, please provide fully completed application form (please attach the application form) by the COB on January 4, 2019 to Astanainfo@state.gov. Please put in an email subject line: SUSI women leadership_Last name_First name
If you have any further questions, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant Aidana Kenesbayeva, office: 87172702316, and KenesbayevaAT@america.gov