Fulbright Visiting Scholar program (2019 – 2020 Academic Year)
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar program brings accomplished Kazakhstani scholars to the United States to conduct advanced research at U.S. universities for a period up to one academic year.
- Applicants must be citizens of Kazakhstan residing in Kazakhstan at the time application.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or equivalent professional qualification at the time of application.
Eligible Research Fields:
Language/Literature (non-U.S.) Sociology
- Applicants must submit a detailed statement of proposed research activity at a U.S. university (only research grants are available for citizens of Kazakhstan).
- Applicants must possess English language proficiency sufficient to achieve the project goals.
- Applicant should demonstrate the intrinsic value of the project to the scholar, his/her home institution, country and U.S. institution.
- Round-trip travel from Kazakhstan to a host institution in the United States
- Monthly stipend for living expenses in the United States
- Medical Insurance
- Access to professional and cultural enrichment opportunities
Required Documents (All documents should be submitted on-line)
- Project statement (no more than 5 pages)
- Letter of Support from Home Institution
- 3 Reference Letters
- Invitation Letter from Potential Host Institution
- Passport Copy
The application deadline is October 15, 2018. Potential applicants can access the on-line application by going to https://iie.embark.com/apply/visitingscholars.
Nominations are made by the U.S. Embassy and are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees. The J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board has final approval of all nominees.
For questions please contact the U.S. Embassy Astana at (7172) 70-22-95.