STUDY OF THE U.S. INSTITUTES FOR SCHOLARS
Description: Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars is an intensive post-graduate level academic program with integrated study tours whose purpose is to provide foreign university faculty and other scholars the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions. The goal of the program is to strengthen curricula and to enhance the quality of teaching about the United States in academic institutions abroad. SUSI will take place at various U.S. colleges, universities, and academic institutions throughout the United States. Participants’ expenses will be fully covered by ECA.
SUSI is a globally competitive program. Since Kazakhstan has no certain number of slots, PAS would like to receive nominations of the strongest candidates for the following themes in U.S. Studies to ensure a good chance of getting those candidates approved.
- American Culture and Values
- Journalism and Media
- Religious Freedom and Pluralism
- U.S. Economics and Business
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- Youth, Workforce Development, and Closing the Skills Gap
Program dates: June/July – August 2020
Ideal candidates will be:
- mid-career scholars and professionals with little or no prior experience in the U.S.;
- from higher education institutions or research focused organizations;
- between the ages of 30-50;
- able to enhance, update or develop courses and/or educational materials with a U.S. studies focus or component;
- fully proficient in English.
Deadline: January 10, 2020
Successful candidates will have a Skype interview with a selection committee in late January 2020. Final decision will be made by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) in late April 2020.
Please put in an email subject line: SUSI Student_Last name_First name
If you have any further questions, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant Aidana Kenesbayeva, office: 87172702316, and KenesbayevaAT@america.gov