The Fulbright Foreign Student program offers graduate students and young professionals the opportunity to study in the United States and earn a master’s degree.
Eligible Fields of Studies
The Fulbright Foreign Student program is open to all fields of study except the medical sciences.
- Applicants must be citizens of Kazakhstan, residing in Kazakhstan at the time of application.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate education and hold at least a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
Complete Application Includes:
- Completed online application form
- Official copies of academic transcripts, diplomas, and translations
- Three reference letters
- TOEFL and GRE test scores (if available)
- Resume or CV
- Copy of passport bio-data page
- J-1 visa support
- Tuition and fees
- Health insurance coverage
- Monthly stipend
- Books and supplies
- International airfare to and from the US
- Nominees must have a sufficiently high-level of English to undertake full-time graduate level study in the U.S.
- Nominees should have an outstanding academic record.
- Nominees must have satisfactory TOEFL and GRE test scores.
- Nominees must demonstrate high motivation, serious commitment to completing the program and the leadership potential to create positive influence upon returning home.
After the application deadline, all submitted online applications undergo a technical review. Applications that pass the technical review, will then be reviewed by an independent reading panel that will evaluate and score each application based on a set of standard criteria. Applicants with the highest scores will then be invited to an interview, held either in Astana or Almaty. Nominations will be made from the top candidates, after the interviews.
All nominated candidates will be requested to register for TOEFL and GRE if they have not taken the tests already. The nominated candidates are entitled to an exemption from the test fees by vouchers. Vouchers will be distributed by the U.S. Embassy. Final grantee selection is contingent upon the J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board’s (FSB) approval, available funding, and successful academic placement. The selected grantees are expected to travel to their host universities in the US in July or August 2016.
June 1, 2015. Potential applicants can access the online application by going to program’s website.
For questions regarding the Fulbright Foreign Student program please contact the U.S. Embassy at (7172) 702-295 or firstname.lastname@example.org