The Fulbright Visiting Scholar program brings accomplished Kazakhstani scholars to the United States to conduct advanced research at U.S. universities for a period up to one academic year.
- Applicants must be citizens of Kazakhstan residing in Kazakhstan at the time application
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or equivalent professional qualification at the time of application.
Eligible Research Fields:
- American History
- American Literature
- American Studies
- Art History
- Biological Sciences
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Environmental Sciences
- Film Studies
- History (non-U.S.)
- Information Sciences
- Language/Literature (non-U.S.)
- Library Science
- Medical Sciences
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public/Global Health
- Religious Studies
- Social Work
- TEFL/Applied Linguistics
- Urban Planning
- Applicants must submit a detailed statement of proposed research activity at a U.S. university (only research grants are available for citizens of Kazakhstan).
- Applicants must possess English language proficiency sufficient to achieve the project goals.
- Applicant should demonstrate the intrinsic value of the project to the scholar, his/her home institution, country and U.S. institution.
- Round-trip travel from Kazakhstan to a host institution in the United States
- Full financial support in the United States
- Medical Insurance
- Access to professional and cultural enrichment opportunities
Deadline: The application deadline is October 15, 2015.
Potential applicants can access the on-line application by going toprogram’s website.
Nominations are made by the U.S. Embassy and are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees. The J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board has final approval of all nominees.
To receive additional information regarding the Fulbright Visiting Scholar program please contact the U.S. Embassy Astana at (7172) 70-22-95 email@example.com