The U.S. Mission in Kazakhstan invites U.S. citizens in and around Shymkent to receive consular services on February 26, 2015 from 10:30 until 13:00 at the Café Bistro, Complex Cheryomuski,located at 20 Zheltoksan Street Shymkent, Kazakhstan.
Those seeking consular services should write to email@example.com before 3:00 p.m. on February 25 with their name and the service requested. While in Shymkent, we will accept applications and payments for the following services:
- Passport renewals (adults) – $110, form DS-82, original current passport with photocopy.
- Passport renewals (minors under age 16) – $105, form DS-11, original and photocopy of the current passport, original Consular Record of Birth Abroad (CRBA) or birth certificate, with photocopy, and original parents’ passports with photocopies.
- Replacement for lost passport – $135, forms DS-11 and DS- 64, an original and photocopy of a local police statement, a photocopy of the lost passport, and any original identification document with photocopy.
- First adult passport – $135, form DS-11, original current passport with photocopy , and original and CRBA or birth certificate with photocopy.
- Extra passport pages – $82, form DS-4085 and passport original and copy.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) – $100, forms DS- 2029 and DS-5507, the original and photocopied local birth certificate original with translation, parents’ original and photocopies of passports and, the parent’s original and photocopied marriage certificate with translation.
Application forms and additional information are available at: www.travel.state.gov or www.kazakhstan.usembassy.gov.
Notary Services: We will also offer notary services, which cost $50 for each signature. If you are requesting notary services, please bring proof of identification (preferably your passport) and prepare the document to be notarized prior to your arrival.
Services for Minors: For all passport services involving minors under age 16 and for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, both parents must appear together with the child to sign the applications in the presence of the consular officer.
Bring Current Passport: Your current passport is required if you are applying for a passport renewal or for extra pages. Your passport is also your best source of identification for notary and other services. Please also note your passports will be collected for additional pages and renewals and returned to you within 2 weeks. Those requesting passport services are required to provide consular staff with a prepaid FedEx airbill or envelope. FedEx’s Shymkent branch office is located at the Altyn Orda Business Center, Office 401, 21 Kunayev Street tel: 8-701-218-0355.
Payments and Receipts: We will accept credit card payments only and will issue a manual receipt at the time of payment. Once the U.S. Embassy in Astana electronically processes the payments, an additional receipt will be generated and returned to Shymkent. Complete fee information can be found at: http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=www.travel.state.gov.
We hope to see you on February 26!
If you have additional questions, please call the U.S. Consulate General Almaty Consular Section at (7272)-504901 or send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. Mission, Kazakhstan
Astana tel: +7-7172-70-21-00
Almaty tel: +7-727-250-49-01