An official website of the United States government

Report and Replace a Lost or Stolen Passport
July 12, 2023

Report and Replace a Lost or Stolen Passport

In order to replace a lost or stolen passport you are required to apply in person by attending a pre-arranged appointment.

The following documents are required to submit during the application:

  1. DS-11 form  passport application form. You must print the form but DO NOT sign.
  2. DS-64  Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport. Complete the form online and bring it to the interview.
  3. Proof of U.S. citizenship (original and a copy)  – such evidence may include but is not limited to U.S. birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Expired U.S. passport, U.S. passport card.
  4. Police report.
  5. One new photo; .
  6. Passport application fee $165.

Please note:

  • Do not sign your application until instructed to do so by the consular officer or acceptance agent.
  • You must provide a Social Security Number (SSN), if you have been issued one.  If you have questions regarding this requirement, please see our FAQs here .
  • For applicants under 16, both parents must attend with the child and present evidence of parentage (such as child’s birth certificate or consular report of birth abroad, listing parents’ names) and government-issued photo identification
  • Applicants aged 16-17 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must present government issued photo identification