Security Alert – U.S. Mission Kazakhstan
January 8, 2020
There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad. The Mission will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- If you require assistance, you can reach the U.S. Embassy in Nur-Sultan and the U.S. Consulate General in Almaty using the contact information below.
U.S. Embassy – Nur-Sultan
Rakhymzhan Koskharbayev Ave., No. 3
Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan 010010
Telephone: +7 (7172) 70-21-00
U.S. Consulate General – Almaty
Samal-2, 97 Zholdasbekov St.
Almaty, Kazakhstan 050051
Telephone: +7 (727) 250-76-12/17
For further information about security in Kazakhstan:
- See the Department of State travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, and Kazakhstan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
U.S. Mission, Kazakhstan
Nur-Sultan tel: +7-7172-70-21-00
Almaty tel: +7-727-250-49-01