Location: Petropavlovsk and Nationwide
Update: Due to airport safety concerns, U.S. government personnel in Kazakhstan have been instructed that they must seek approval to use Petropavlovsk Airport. Additionally, U.S. citizens are reminded that U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling for official duties on Kazakhstani airlines without prior approval, except for Air Astana and FlyArystan, due to safety concerns.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid using Petropavlovsk airport.
- Monitor the Kazakhstan Country Information Page
The U.S. Embassy is located at Rakhymzhan Koskharbayev Ave., No. 3, Nur-Sultan 010010. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance, the emergency after-hours number for the U.S. Embassy is +7 7172 70 22 00.
The U.S. Consulate General Almaty is located at Samal-2, 97 Zholdasbekov Street, Almaty, 050051. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance, the emergency after-hours number for the U.S. Consulate General is 8 777 0072359.
For further information about security in Kazakhstan:
- U.S. Embassy Nur-Sultan – +7 (7172) 70-21-00
- U.S. Consulate Almaty – +7 (7272) 50-76-12/17
- Email: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kazakhstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram