STUDY OF THE U.S. INSTITUTES FOR SCHOLARS
Description: Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars is an intensive post-graduate level academic programs with integrated study tours whose purpose is to provide foreign university faculty and other scholars the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions. The goal of the program is to strengthen curricula and to enhance the quality of teaching about the United States in academic institutions abroad. SUSI will take place at various U.S. colleges, universities, and academic institutions throughout the United States. Participants’ expenses will be fully covered by ECA.
SUSI is a globally competitive program. Since Kazakhstan has no certain number of slots, PAS would like to receive nominations of the strongest candidates for the following themes in U.S. Studies to ensure a good chance of getting those candidates approved.
• American Politics and Political Thought;
• Contemporary American Literature;
• Journalism and Media;
• Religious Pluralism in the United States;
• U.S. Culture and Society;
• U.S. Foreign Policy.
Program dates: June/July – August 2018
Ideal candidates will be:
• mid-career scholars and professionals with little or no prior experience in the U.S.;
• from higher education institutions or research focused organizations;
• between the ages of 30-50;
• able to enhance, update or develop courses and/or educational materials with a U.S. studies focus or component;
• fully proficient in English.
Deadline for nomination: January 24, 2018.
Application form for nomination: SUSI Scholar.
In order to nominate a candidate, please provide a justification to the candidate as well as fully completed application form by the COB on January 24, 2018 to KenesbayevaAT@america.gov.
If you have any further questions, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant Aidana Kenesbayeva, office: 87172702316, and KenesbayevaAT@america.gov