STUDY OF THE U.S. INSTITUTES FOR SECONDARY EDUCATORS
Description: Study of the U.S. Institutes for Secondary Educators is an intensive post-graduate level academic program with integrated study tours whose purpose is to provide foreign secondary educators and administrators the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions. The ultimate goal of the Institutes is to strengthen curricula and to enhance the quality of teaching about the U.S. in secondary schools and other academic institutions abroad. The four week academic residencies will take place at U.S. universities, colleges, or other academic institutions and will consist of a balanced series of lectures, panels, seminar discussions, readings, workshops, site visits, meetings with practitioners in the field, and cultural activities. One week study tours to a different region of the United States will complement the four week academic residencies. One goal of the study tours is to showcase the cultural, geographic, and ethnic diversity of the United States. Participants’ expenses will be fully covered by ECA.
SUSI for Secondary Educators is a globally competitive program. Since Kazakhstan has no certain number of slots, PAS would like to receive nominations of the strongest candidates to ensure a good chance of getting those candidates chosen.
Program dates: June 2018
Ideal candidates will:
- be mid-career secondary school teachers and administrators with no prior experience in the U.S.;
- be between the ages of 30-50
- have special interest in the secondary education as demonstrated through past scholarship, accomplishments, and professional duties;
- have firm plans to introduce or enhance aspects of U.S. studies into curricula or to offer specialized seminars/workshops for education professionals in U.S. studies or related fields;
- be fully proficient in English.
Deadline for nomination: January 24, 2018.
Application form for nomination: SUSI Secondary Educator.
In order to nominate a candidate, please provide a justification to the candidate as well as fully completed application form by the COB on January 24, 2018 to KenesbayevaAT@america.gov.
If you have any further questions, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant Aidana Kenesbayeva, office: 87172702316, and KenesbayevaAT@america.gov