STUDY OF THE U.S. INSTITUTES FOR WOMEN LEADERSHIP
Description: Study of the U.S. Institutes for Women Leadership is an intensive short-term academic program for undergraduate female student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The Institute will focus on two major areas: developing participants’ leadership skills in areas such as critical thinking, communication, decision-making, and managerial abilities; and, placing these abilities in the context of the history and participation of women in U.S. politics, economics, culture, and society. The program will also examine the historical domestic progress towards women’s equality in the United States, the current domestic successes and challenges to women in a variety of fields, and current challenges in global women’s issues.
Kazakhstan has four slots for SUSI Women’s Leadership program, PAS would like to receive nominations of the strongest candidates. Participants’ expenses will be fully covered by ECA.
Program dates: June 20 – July 30, 2018
Ideal candidates will:
- be a female between 18 and 25 years of age;
- be a first through third year undergraduate students from universities;
- be interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership and learning about the United States;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities, academic achievement and potential in their university and community activities;
- have no prior study or travel experience in the U.S. or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country;
- be proficient in English.
Deadline for nomination: January 17, 2018.
Application form for nomination: SUSI Student Leader.
In order to nominate a female candidate, please provide a justification to the candidate as well as fully completed application form by the COB on January 17, 2018 to KenesbayevaAT@america.gov.
If you have any further questions, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant Aidana Kenesbayeva, office: 87172702316, and KenesbayevaAT@america.gov