U.S. Mission in Kazakhstan
This message is distributed to you via the Message system of the U.S. Mission in Kazakhstan.
Kazakhstan – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Do not travel to Kazakhstan due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Kazakhstan due to COVID-19.
Travelers to Kazakhstan may experience border closures, airport closures, travel prohibitions, stay at home orders, business closures, and other emergency conditions within Kazakhstan due to COVID-19. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Kazakhstan.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Kazakhstan:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Kazakhstan.
- Have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.