The U.S. Diplomatic Mission to Kazakhstan is pleased to announce the tour of innovative American cello/drum rock ensemble “Break of Reality” from February 28 till March 8, 2015. The group’s boundary breaking music blends classical technique and rock’n’roll. “Break of Reality” will perform in Almaty, Shymkent, Astana, and Atyrau as a part of American Music Abroad program, funded by the U.S. Department of State.
During the tour they will conduct master-classes for local young musicians, Kazakhstani music industry representatives, and meet youth at American Corners. The band will also collaborate with local musicians during their tour. In Almaty “Break of Reality” will perform with Kazakh performing artist Galymzhan Moldanazar, a leading voice of contemporary music in Kazakhstan, cleverly combining Kazakh lyrics with electro-pop and synth-funk.
“Break of Reality,” which was formed in 2003 at the prestigious Eastman School of Music in Rochester, New York, is committed to music education and music entrepreneurship. In addition to their concerts, the band has performed at hundreds of public schools, encouraging music students to explore all types of genres on their instruments. They also developed the “Break of Reality DIY Lecture Series” to empower budding classical musicians with practical, real world music business knowledge.
The shows in Kazakhstan will take place in following cities:
- In Almaty: on February 28, 2015 at Zhambyl Kazakh State Philharmonic Hall at 6:00 p.m., with Moldanazar. SOLD OUT.
- In Almaty: on March 1, 2015 at MegaPark Mall at 13:00 p.m., with Moldanazar. Entry is free and open to the public.
- In Shymkent: on March 3, 2015 at Shymkent Opera Theater at 6:30 p.m. Admission is free, so attendees are advised to arrive early to get a seat.
- In Astana: By popular demand, an additional performance on March 4, 2015 at 7.00 p.m at an undisclosed location. The location will be provided via the Embassy Facebook page and email to ticket holders. To reserve your free tickets, please RSVP to email@example.com and include your name and number of tickets.
- In Astana: on March 6, 2015 at the Children’s Palace at 7.00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- In Atyrau: on March 8, 2015 at the Palace of Culture named after Kurmangazy at 5.00 p.m. Admission is free.
# # #
For further information and press related issues please contact:
For shows in Almaty and Shymkent: Gauhar Mukaman at +7 (727) 250 48 62 and Aigerim Begaliyeva at +7 (727) 250 48 14 at the U.S. Consulate General in Almaty.
For shows in Astana and Atyrau: Aigul Zholdasbayeva at +7 (7172) 70 21 16 and Zarina Karimova at
+7 (7172) 70 23 83 at the U.S. Embassy in Astana.