The United States of America and the Republic of Kazakhstan cooperate on a wide range of bilateral and regional issues, including the support of Kazakhstan’s intentions to increase journalistic professionalism and Kazakhstan’s vision of strengthening local media content. To this end, the Embassy of the United States announces this call for applications for grants to implement ideas to strengthen Kazakhstan’s media market.
Proposals from Kazakhstan-based organizations should address one or more of the topics listed below:
- Media and digital literacy.
- Innovative approaches to gathering or sharing news, particularly with younger audiences.
- The development and adoption of digital media technologies.
- Promoting professional journalism standards, particularly in fact checking, verification, and fact-based reporting.
- The financial sustainability of media outlets in Kazakhstan, including alternative sources of revenue.
For all themes, priority will be given to projects that yield concrete, measurable results.
Ceiling: 30,000 USD
Deadline: May 5, 2018 23:59 (Astana time)
For the more details and application form, please go here.