Fiancé(e) Visas

K1 visas permit fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizen to enter the United States in order to get married. The marriage must take place within 90 days of arrival. Children of fiancés/fiancées are given K2 visas.

The U.S. citizen must file the I-129F petition at the USCIS office with jurisdiction over his/her residence in the United States Please see detailed information on the USCIS website.

After USCIS approves the petition, it is transferred to the National Visa Center (NVC) for administrative processing. NVC assigns the case number and forwards the case to the Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Almaty. To inquire into the status of your case you may send an email to or call 603-334-0700.

When the Consular Section receives the petition, the instructions on how to schedule the interview and prepare for it will be sent by email.